Clear All

G miller, pm me your email

Comment

Solenoid pump cleaning for monitor heaters,

Comment

Originally posted by megrinoise View Post
        Solenoid pump cleaning for monitor heaters,
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GVl...ew?usp=sharing
        That's the filter I cleaned on my 422 a few years ago when it would run but wasn't getting enough fuel to keep the house warm.

Comment

Update,
          Cleaned the spring-loaded plunger above the pickup tube that's in the coil working it back and forth squirting parts cleaner out of the jet and it's working!
          Better than before. It probably benefitted from the wire wheel, burn mat, and burn ring.
          (But more importantly fuel)
          I just want to thank everyone for the tips and wisdom.
          Thanks again, megrinoise for the solenoid pump write up.
          Gary

Comment

Can you take a picture of the end of your flue pipe and the hook up at the back of the stove?

Comment

Comment

Thanks G Miller for the pictures. That shows a good clean exhaust and standard hook up. From everything else you have stated the only thing I can thank of is low fuel level or dirty filter. Is the tank at least 16 inches above the floor the stove sits on?

Comment

The tank is about the same Hight as the top of the heater.

Comment

You might check the fuel flow from the pump. To do this you will need the flame sensor By Pass. Remove the fuel line from burner and put it in a container. Get the stove going and install the by pass as soon as you have fuel flow. The stove should run as if there is a flame in the pot.

A Monitor is a little more of a PIA than a Toyo, as you can't control the burn rate very easy. You can see which burn rate you have by holding the Hour and Minute button together for three seconds. The display will change from temperature to a "0" display. 0000 for High and 0 Low. Set the temp to something that will get you the High burn. Get a measuring cup that shows ounces. Let the stove run on high for 3 minutes, while you catch the fuel. You should see about 2 ounces in three minutes.

Set the room temp at something that will give you a Low burn rate. This may take a little playing around. Once set on Low and running steady on Low, catch the fuel in your Calibrated Cup. Run in the cup for three minutes. You should see about .76 ounces in three minutes.

From all this you will be able to see if the pump is giving you the right amount of fuel. It is very rare for a Monitor pump to give an incorrect amount. It either gives the right amount or nothing at all. Since your unit is a Monitor 2400, you really can't adjust the fuel flow. It is either right or you have a problem with the pump or the main board.

I hope this helps you out!

Comment

G Miller, did you get your stove going? Give us an up date on your progress.

Comment

It has been working great! I haven't been in the garage lately. I've been welding in the field.
                        I'd like to get back inside next to the heater. It heats my workspace pretty quick.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        =