Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck faucet.. need help ASAP[?]

I'm in the process of removing my old kitchen sink faucet to be replaced with a newer model, however I have A HUGE problem. Both retaining nuts are rusted solid to the washer and sink. I've tried basin wrenches WD40 and nothing.javascript:insertsmilie('')
    Angry I need help ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Get a product called Parts Blaster. It's usually sold in auto parts stores like Murray's. It's to WD-40 as WD-40 is to water. It's a super penetrant. Shake the can real good and squirt a small stream up on the fitting's threads. wait a half hour and try turning the rusted nuts back and forth. Maybe tap them a bit if you can reach something up in there. won't take much. Give Blaster a chance to do it's job and it'll help you right out.

Comment

Bob is right on, but to make sure you get the right thing, it's called PB Blaster. It'll work great, let is sit, maybe even overnight if you have to but it'll work. Make sure you wear some safety glass under that sink. Rust in your eyes can ruin your whole day.

Comment

I'm in the process of removing my old kitchen sink faucet to be replaced with a newer model, however I have A HUGE problem. Both retaining nuts are rusted solid to the washer and sink. I've tried basin wrenches WD40 and nothing. I need help ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

What's this sink made of? Cast iron, porcelain, stainless steel? Is it possible for you to physically remove the sink? If you can then use a chisel and a hammer and tap the nuts in the counter clock-wide direction, they should loosen.

Comment

I often use a mini hacksaw to cut the old faucetts off from the underside.

Comment

Lazypup - yeah if she can get the whole sink out! Why do they supply steel nuts with brass fixtures? Seems anyplace you got water they'd use brass!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by LazyPup

I often use a mini hacksaw to cut the old faucetts off from the underside.

Thanks everybody! I ended up needing to hacksaw the faucet then bust the rusted washer with a chisel and hammer.

Comment

Working...
                X
                =