Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brass slip-type compression Tee

Howdee!
    I am in the planning stages of installing an underground sprinkler system.
    I am planning on cutting into my household service waterline to install a
    "brass slip-type compression tee", a ball valve and then 3/4" PVC , maybe not really in this order. Eventually, this will be the service line for my sprinkler system with a submeter installed to measure the amount of "irrigation" water.

The house was built 52 years ago.

My question(s) does it matter what I am splicing into? and where do i find this type of compression T?

Thanks

Vincent
    It\'s sometimes better to be lucky than smart.

A compression tee would be OK for this job. It does matter somewhat what type of pipe you have. If you mean the type with rubber bushings, you gan use that on copper or PVC. If you have PB, that would be a different fitting, and PE would be a different one yet. If you have galvanized pipe, the outer surface may be too rough to seal.

Comment

A 3/4" line will not be nearly large enough to support an irrigation system.

If you can give a description of your irrigation layout including anticipated length of pipe, the number and location of sprinkler heads and the GPM rate for the heads I will compute the friction loss and work out the required line size for you.

There are also a number of other code requirements you must meet to connect an irrigation system to the house potable water system.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =