Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to cut mirror tile...

We're installing mirror tile in one of the baths. It's the kind that's one inch squares on a mesh backing. Is there a cutting tool for Dremel or RotoZip for cutting the holes for the shower control? It's about a three inch hole. Not sure if plucking the squares will be enough. What can I use to cut the glass?

A wet tile saw with a good blade is your best bet to cut them.

With 1" square tiles and only a 3" control valve hole, you should be able to just remove whole squares, the valve cover will cover a fairly large area around the hole.
    Install the cover plate over the valve and draw a line around it's circumference on the wall, then dry layout the tiles, I think you'll be surprised how few may need cutting.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Cutting mirrow tile....

Hmmm....that will take some advance planning. More than locating the tile along the corner wall and just tiling away before cutting the hole. The tiles may not line up with center-of-valve. And that must be on center of tub. (okay...so I'm OCD....) I don't have a preference as to whether the tile grout line is on center or if the tile center is on center. Just as long as one or the other is....I know, I know...it's only a half inch either way....but still. That stands a good chance of being an irritation every time I'm using it....

Comment

Ah planning......tile layout is one of the most important and time consuming parts to the job and the smaller the tile the harder the layout.
        Use little thumb pins to help hold up the sheets, press them in just enough to hold the sheets in place.
        Alternatively measure out the area, create a grid starting at the faucet with the first sheet drawn out where you want it to be, then measure back from this to your start point. Once you have the start point you can cut and lay these tile sheets up to your faucet controls, the glue should give you time to make any small adjustments as you go.
        Note: You don't want to move the sheets to much as the glue will work up between the little tiles and make the clean up messy.
        Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
        Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Glass tiles....

Thanks, Pushkins....

Comment

Working...
          X
          =