Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dried paint splatters on countertop

I purchased a home in September and decided to repaint the kitchen. I primed it first (actually that is all I have done) and there are a few (quite a few) places where I splattered and didn't wipe up immediately.

Is there any way to get dried primer off counter tops and stainless steel?

Thanks
    Laura

Use an old charge card (or one that's already maxed out!) as a scraper. It won't mar the surface.If it's Formica or such, then Goof Off might work, too, but I try to keep chemicals away from the counters.

Comment

Thanks, I have an old one that I just cut up. I tried it on a small spot and it worked! It's going to take a while but I have definitely learned to wipe up when it is wet!!

Thanks again so much.
      Laura

Comment

I have alwasy used turpentine for this before. I guess a credit card would be a safer bet though.

Check out little giant ladders systems, reviews and more.

little giant ladders
        systems, reviews and more.

Comment

if its a latex primer a light wetting with Windex will soften it.

Comment

I don't know about the stainless steel, but I have found that NON-ACETONE fingernail polish remover removes alot of different things, and it is not so harsh. But it has to be the non-acetone. Use a q-tip and try a small area in a place that is not so noticeable.

Comment

NON-ACETONE fingernail polish remover - that is a good trick... used it a lot before

little giant ladders
              systems, reviews and more.

Comment

Working...
              X
              =