Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repairing Concrete Patio Pits / checks

Our concrete patio is about 10 years old and I have noticed several pits and small holes in it that have appeared this past winter. They are about 1/2 inch to one inch in diameter and about 1/2 inch deep. I have cleaned them out with a small awl and then cleaned them with compressed air. Several years ago I had the one pit appear and I cleaned it and filled it with a product called Hydraulic Cement. The filler worked great but dried a completely different color than that of the concrete. I am wondering if there is something else I could use that would dry hard, fill the hole and blend in with the rest of the concrete??? The attached picture shows what I am talking about..Click image for larger version

Name:	ccrete.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	87580

It is vary hard to match the exact color of the concrete, but you can get pretty close by mixing 1 part portland (gray) cement, 2 parts fine sand, and some water. I would mix some and rub it on a peice of wood and let it dry to see what color it turns out to be. If it is too dark, you will have to get some white portland cement and mix a little in the gray cement. Once you have done that place a little on a peice of wood and see what color it turns out to be. It is going to have to be a trial and error process, but eventually you will get a pretty close match to the old concrete. Just play around with the white and gray portland cement. For a better bond to the concrete you can brush on a bonding agent from homedepot.
    Hope this helps, and good luck!

Michael
    MVL Concrete - San Antonio Concrete Contractor

Comment

Working...
    X
    =