Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COLEMAN / EVCON Gas Heater

I have a COLEMAN / EVCON Model ; BGM05012AXD The problem when I turn on the heater after 2 minutes its turning on off every second, the gas turns on for a sec then off , after a couple of minutes its just clicking none-stop ,the fan is working thermostat is fine (I tested) the furnace clean. This unit is about 10-15 years old .

Originally posted by Designtek View Post
    I have a COLEMAN / EVCON Model ; BGM05012AXD The problem when I turn on the heater after 2 minutes its turning on off every second, the gas turns on for a sec then off , after a couple of minutes its just clicking none-stop ,the fan is working thermostat is fine (I tested) the furnace clean. This unit is about 10-15 years old .
    I am guessing you have a flame rod around the area of the pilot assembly. You have a sparker that makes that clicking sound. First off you have to make sure the pilot is clean and burning a good blue flame. This flame cannot lift off the pilot burner head, and it has to burn across the sparker to a ground plain. If it does not make contact like this. it will not turn the sparker off and it will not prove pilot flame, and act the way yours is. Clean all metal surfaces with fine sand paper, including sparker and ground plain. . Paul

Comment

Thanks Paul, this is what my repair-man did , even he ordered a new burn-head and yet I have the same problem, now he is will change something else today, see what happens.This will be the fourth time he
      will come to my house. Thanks Joseph

Comment

hit or miss troubleshooting is the expensive way to go! a good tech would know what to do. be careful of this guy!

Comment

Working...
        X
        =