Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heil compressor

everything was working fine till monday of this week. noticed the air coming from the registers wasn't cold. after tinkering with the thermostat i noticed that the out side compressor wasn't cutting on. thought maybe the system had frozen up so i let it sit for a few hours. then i opened it up and checked the coils for ice. no ice so took a comb and raked through the fins a bit to dislodge any debris in it also cleaned the return. turn the unit back on. blows better but still no outside compressor running. went out to the compressor opened the side panel were the wires run in. cleaned out the area with compressed air. push a small button on the side of a black part that i assume is the reset. problem is the switch won't stay in. the compressor will run if you hold it but soon as you let go it cuts off.

its a heil ca3024qka2 type compressor.

please help it's HOT

Originally posted by moparman View Post
    everything was working fine till monday of this week. noticed the air coming from the registers wasn't cold. after tinkering with the thermostat i noticed that the out side compressor wasn't cutting on. thought maybe the system had frozen up so i let it sit for a few hours. then i opened it up and checked the coils for ice. no ice so took a comb and raked through the fins a bit to dislodge any debris in it also cleaned the return. turn the unit back on. blows better but still no outside compressor running. went out to the compressor opened the side panel were the wires run in. cleaned out the area with compressed air. push a small button on the side of a black part that i assume is the reset. problem is the switch won't stay in. the compressor will run if you hold it but soon as you let go it cuts off.

its a heil ca3024qka2 type compressor.

please help it's HOT
    you are pushing the relay in by hand. You will see two small low volt wires tied to this relay. they should be the 24volt wires coming from the furnace. Check to see if you have 24 volts on the two small wires on that relay. If you do and the stat is calling for cooling, then this relay is bad.
    If you do not have 24 volts at the relay then go to the furnace and check for 24 volts from y to common. If you want to send me a wiring diagram and some pic. of the button you are pushing, we can go from there.
    paulm989@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
    X
    =