Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flame sensor furnace

My furnace was coming on then after 10secs turning off ...it kept doing that..I removed the flame sensor..and cleaned it with some fine emery cloth..it wasn't too dirty...the furnace worked OK after that...my question...as the flame sensor wasn't to dirty but seemed to solve the problem.... is it advisable to change it out to a new one

Flame sensor furnace

Originally posted by Centurian View Post
    My furnace was coming on then after 10secs turning off ...it kept doing that..I removed the flame sensor..and cleaned it with some fine emery cloth..it wasn't too dirty...the furnace worked OK after that...my question...as the flame sensor wasn't to dirty but seemed to solve the problem.... is it advisable to change it out to a new one
    Its not dirt that get on the flame rod. It is a oxidation type film from the burned
    gases. So they need to be cleaned every year. You could put a new one in,
    but it would not last any longer. That's why they don't look dirty but they still need cleaning. My service man knows he has to clean they on his yearly plan
    service call. Paul

Comment

flame sensor

Thanks Paul....but do you think in time they get weak..as they are a thermo-couple...I haven't the experience to know how long their life is..of course it would depend on usage...I'm going away for the winter for a few months so just to be on the safe side I think I'll put in a new one as I don't want it to fail during the cold months

Comment

flame sensor

Originally posted by Centurian View Post
        Thanks Paul....but do you think in time they get weak..as they are a thermo-couple...I haven't the experience to know how long their life is..of course it would depend on usage...I'm going away for the winter for a few months so just to be on the safe side I think I'll put in a new one as I don't want it to fail during the cold months
        It is not a thermo-couple, Its a flame rod. Its like a nail, how many years can you sand and clean a nail before you sand all the way through it?. Paul

Comment

you are contradicting what you said in your first post answer. explain that!
          "It is a oxidation type film from the burned
          but it would not last any longer. That's why they don't look dirty but they still need cleaning. My service man knows he has to clean they on his yearly plan"

Comment

Flame sensor furnace

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
            but it would not last any longer. That's why they don't look dirty but they still need cleaning. My service man knows he has to clean they on his yearly plan"
            Spell it out. How am i contradicting my self. Paul

Comment

ยป Flame sensor furnace

How am i contradicting my self??? Paul

Comment

Flame sensor furnace

]you are contradicting what you said in your first post answer. explain that!
                You explain what you are talking about. Paul

Comment

Working...
                X
                =