Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor Kerosene Fuel Tank Cleaning

Hi, I have a 275 gallon exterior kersosene fuel tank. I recently rebuilt my Monitor 2400 heater and I was wondering if there was anything I should/could do to clean the fuel tank? I just replaced the fuel filter, but before I return the fuel flow I was wondering if there was a way to check for water or excess sludge in the tank? There is no valve on the bottom of the tank for easy checking and I know the water goes to the bottom. I was thinking of using a piece of tubing attached to a boat fuel primer to create a gravity fed suction tube to check for water on the bottom of the tank...thought or suggestions? The tank is full at the moment too.

Brandon

fuel tank

the amount of fuel really doesnt matter kero will float on water. a long piece of poly pipe that reaches the bottom through the bung hole connected to a bilge pump will suck water out of the tank. Put it into a glass jar so if there is any water the kero will filter out and float to the top. they make a paste that you could put at the end of a dipstick, if water present it will turn a pink color.

Comment

Thanks Hayzee!

Comment

Working...
      X
      =