Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accurate thermometers....

How can I gauge the accuracy of the many thermometers in this house? Even on the store shelf, there can be a dozen boxes and they're all different. How can I make them accurate?

thermometers

what do you mean "make them accurate?" if the red liquid inside has seperated put it in cool water and wait or shake theliquid down like a mercury mouth or rectal thermometer. never use heat you can blow the top clean off!

Comment

Accurate thermometers....

Well, if the red tube slipped in it's holder, it's off relative to the holder increments. As for the round outdoor ones, I have three that all read different. As for the room thermostats, each of the four electronic units read different. I can take three off their mounting, keep them by the fourth for a while and they read a little bit different, too. So...which of any of them is correct?? I'd like to calibrate one of them and tune the rest to it. Take an average and call it close?

Comment

thermometers

you need a temperature standard to calibrate an alcohol filled thermometer. look on the web for thermometer calibration. I'm sure there is something. as far as the digitals, there must also be a calibration screw somewhere on the board. could be just a precision variable resistor.

Comment

Calibration....

Good idea. Thanks, HayZee....

Comment

Working...
          X
          =