Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Bethroom Fan

Hi All. I installed a roof vented bathroom fan about 3 months ago. It's rained probably a dozen times since then, with no water coming in. Last night we had a tremendous amount of rain and wind. Water started coming in (about 3 cups total) through the fan grate in the bathroom. I turned it on this morning when it was dry and the fan seems to be operating normally. Then, this morning, I went to a local McDonalds, and they had water coming in through an air grill in their ceiling! Is it commong for rain to work its way into fans and vents in very strong downpours? I will go to the roof and reseal around the fan vent when I can, but I'm sure that I had installed it correctly. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Does the roof vent for the fan have a flipper that works are was it stuck open and let teh rain in

ED

My mistakes dont define me they inform me.
    My mistakes dont define me they inform me.

Comment

the vent should have a gravity actuated damper flap. when there's air flow it's open, no air flow it shuts. it could also be flapping in a high wind situation and let in the rain

Comment

Working...
      X
      =