Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brand new a/c not working

We just bought a new construction home and the a/c unit is less than 3 months old but the a/c just wont turn on the handler and the unit outside wont turn on. i checked the breaker box and the wiring. i there anything i am missing? any hiddin fuses i should check? i even reset the thermostat but didnt help. PLEASE HELP i live in south FL with an Infant and the a/c guys are coming on sat. please help

at the condenser unit mounted outside of the control box you'll find a lo and hi limit cutout. these operate off pressure. too high they trip too low thet trip. there may be a reset button on each of them. your control circuit is probably 24 volt so check for a small cartridge fuse that has blown. chek to reset the motor contactor for the condenser fan. check for a reset for the air handler motor.

Comment

I would think that at just 3 months this unit shoud still be under warranty. Central A/C is a fairly complicated system, and I don't recommend "poking around" at it.

You have obvious things like the main breaker, but again, why did it quit at 3 months.....just get the warranty service.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =