Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trane XR13

I have a 16 month old Trane XR13 unit.

The thermostat is set at 77 degrees. Yesterday the outside unit fan was running but the compressor was not. I then turned the unit off via the thermostat which showed 82 degrees. Air filter is clean. After 1 hour I turned it on again and the blower inside and the fan outside was both running except the compressor. I could hear two clicks spaced 2 seconds apart every 60 seconds. After about 10 min the compressor would come on and the insulated pipe coming out of the unit would be very cold. It would run until the desired
    temp inside was reached. If I keep the unit turned on instead of auto the compressor will run for about 20 min then shut off with both the inside blower and outside fan running.

Can anybody help me with this before I call a A/C tech?

Thanks

It is normal for the compressor to kick on then off or go into idle mode. The fan on both the condenser and "A" coil work independently of the compressor. The purpose of the "A" coil fan is to distribute the cool air over the evaporator which is the "A" coil. The condenser fan removed the latent heat from the condenser of the compressor circuit. It operates off temperature devices connected to the compressor - hi limit, lo limit, suction line etc.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =