Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrier 48SS

Hi,i have a carrier 48SS AC & gas heat problem.last year i replaced the induced draft motor and unit worked fine all winter.now when starting it will heat fine untill it reaches the themostat setting then sometimes it comes on but the gas never ignites. sometimes it will though.i have pulled the cover and have the manual that came with it.now i show a fault code of 6 flashes which means inducer fault switch.anyone know where that switch is located
    model of unit is 48SS-024060311

THANKS in advance robert

before this code i had another......limit switch fault i removed that switch and unplugged the connectors the replaced several times to make good contact now i have this other code....

if you look on your print you may find an air flow switch. this is a "sail" switch with a metal paddle on it. It detects air flow before the gas control kicks in. the inducer fan runs a few minutes to purge the heat exchanger of unburnt gases. once air flow is detected it should kick in the pilot light or spark system for the pilot.

Comment

Have not found anything like that on the diagram.also can't seem to find the switch in the area where i removed the panel.is it inside the draft induce motor housing.don't remember seeing anything like that last year when i replaced the motor.

Thanks robert...

Comment

not sure in that case. send me the diagram. use my private email

Comment

Hello,had a friend come over,he works in hvac.he found holes in the heat exchanger.the unit is 17 years old.repair could be around 200-500 dollars so i think we will kill this one and get a new one

MY ??----not being rich what unit would someone recommend the old unit is a 2 ton i looked at a Trane XL13c online but it had no price..

Thanks in advance robert...

Comment

try using EBay. there's all sorts of things there

Comment

Hall effect sensor

On the end of the motor facing outward, there is a cover over where you would think a bearing might be. Under this cover is a magnetic switch. As the motor turns it opens and closes a switch sending a square wave signal to the board. This sensor may be your problem. Should be a part number like 50HJ401484 or something similar. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
              X
              =