Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lennox HM30 water heater...help

Can someone please explain this. I come home today and the wife tells me at 6:30 we have no hot water. This is the second time in about 3 weeks that this has happened. I went to the electric panel to check the breaker. It resets the LED's on the hot water heater and the lights blink the code to a flame problem (green lights blinking alternately.) Not knowing what else to do I come in the house and get on internet. Find out this Lennox Complete Heat thing is not so well liked. Also find it is in some way hooked to my heat system. I went to the thermostat and pushed it up to 80 it was 68 by the stat in the house. 10 minutes later still no heat. I went back to the breaker and reset the water heater unit and right then the heater kicked on at the same time as the water heater blower came on. Within 3 minutes I had hot water and the heater is still on. What is going on with this thing? I have never felt like the heat has performed like it should in this house (just not as hot as gas heat usually is) and it seems impossible to keep it at 70 degs. in here. If anyone knows anything about these types of units please help me. I have natural gas units and it is a Lennox HM30-150-5 water heater and I assume a Lennox heat system also (the stat in the house is and it looks original). I have seen this unit stat at 65 and it be 68 in the house by the stat thermometer and the heat will be running. Please explain this system to me. Thanks,
    Mike

hot water heat

there is a safety failure happening the flashing lights are telling you where it is there should be a legend on the wiring diagram to explain it but when you reset the power the diagnostic code will go away until the next time it fails try to find the codes on the unit then wait for it to fail again and read the flashing lights
    Beer is not just for breakfast anymore...

Comment

Mike,
      The code is reading an igniter problem. I read a little about this type of unit and it said that this unit is tied to a heat exchanger which operates the heat in the house as well. It said that there are 2 thermostats, one on the water heater for water temp, where is the other? The other thing is this water heater has a blower on it to get rid of the gas fumes. The heater is outside. Is a blower needed in that case? If the blower quits working then the unit quits working along with the heat because the hot water is not going through the heat exchanger

Comment

Working...
      X
      =