Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrier (NO HEAT)

I have a carrier furnace, it worked just fine last winter,and just fine this summer. but now it does not blow heat , there is a LED that flash code 31 if im reading it correct, but what does that mean.

There should be a chart on the door that tells you what the flashes stand for, If not look in the owners manual. I dont deal in carriers.

Comment

yes there is but it does me no good

Comment

Code 31 means pressure switch fault. Is the inducer motor running? could be blocked intake or exhaust vent, plugged pressure switch tubing or where the tubing connects to the collector box or condensate trap could be plugged. Many reasons as to why you are getting a fault. If you are not comfortable checking this out, call a pro...

Comment

yes the motor is running. and does the pressure switch look like a disc with a rubber hose running to it

Comment

yes that is it. as the inducer motor runs it creates a vaccumn and the pressure switch pulls in closing a set of contacts.

Comment

should I take it off and try to clean it

Comment

took it apart to clean it but it seemed to be fine,but there was a very small sensor of some sort that was very dirty so i cleaned it. now everythings working just fine, THANK YOU for your help.

Comment

Great, glad to hear that.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =