Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trane blower won't stop!

[SOLVED]

Follow the thread for the solution to my case- the new relay ordered (RLY02807) did the trick.

I have the same issues as this member/ post:
    homerepairforum.com/forum/hvac/4355-trane-blower-wont-stop.html

I made this post before coming here:
    hvacmechanic.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=22&jfile=viewt opic.php&f=4&t=40

It seems we have the same problem with the same relay.

Will buying the same relay as the member in the above post bought solve my problem? The model of the replacement relay/ pcb is RLY02807 and can be found on ebay for about $12, free shipping.

I think the one on ebay is the same, and looks to include the relay and pcb...

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by sweetrobot; 04-26-2010, 08:54 PM.

Find the device that's actuating the relay coil. By pulling in the relay is doing what it is supposed to. Changing out the relay is NOT going to solve the problem. Look for a high limit, low pressure limit switch, reversing relay if this is a heat pump, or even the thermostat. If you send us a schematic we can troubleshoot and give you ideas what to check.

Comment

Schematics are pretty worn out. I will see if I can find a schematic online. How can I test the relay again? Where could I find the swithc (usual place is?), and can you show a pictre of a typical one?

Thanks
      Last edited by sweetrobot; 04-21-2010, 05:40 AM.

Comment

That's why the schematic or even a ladder diagram is so helpful. The schematic shows a one line diagram of the inter-connects of devices. The ladder diagram shows the actual wire to wire connections of devices etc.
        Assuming the control circuit voltage is 24 volts, you can troubleshoot the circuit with an analog meter with the selector on ac volts X 200. Again a schematic would be helpful to see what is connected to the fan relay's coil. One side of the coil goes to a common on the control transformer, the other side comes off a "device" in the "hot" circuit. Typical control transformer has one side common to the whole control circuit. The "hot" circuit may have a small circuit breaker or a control fuse in-line with the devices feeding off the control hot.
        Please get me the complete model number of the a/c. I'll do some searching for a diagram.
        Last edited by HayZee518; 04-21-2010, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Ok! Will get the model numbers for you. Mold ate through the diagrams.

Comment

This is the direct pic. Don't Know if this is what you're looking for:
            AHCB0351AFA0 .
            Last edited by sweetrobot; 04-22-2010, 05:25 PM.

Comment

I went ahead and bought the RLY02807 ($12 shipped), just to have it in case that's the cause. I have the exact same problem as the guy in the thread mentioned at the top of this thread.

Comment

that's the number of the air handler not the a/c model number.

Comment

thought something was wrong. pardon my ignorance, but where could i find the info you need?

Comment

look somewhere around the control box, on the cover of the control box, where the tag says the amount of refrigerant is listed. trane model number

Comment

Control box... :/ Would that the inside the house/garage? So sorry for being annoying and ill-informed.

Comment

inside the main unit -somewhere- maybe on the installation tag. a/c model number - serial numbers don't mean anything. you got yahoo messenger - my name there is tjmierzwa35. add me to your friends list.

Comment

no yahoo, but gmail (chat in there), msn, or icq? if you have none of these, i will add you on yahoo.

thanks so much!

Comment

ok! i set up a private chat room: join me here- ill be on for a while..

(ADD HTTP : / /) p2p.tinychat.com/sweetrobot

-just come in. no need to sign up or anything

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
                              inside the main unit -somewhere- maybe on the installation tag. a/c model number - serial numbers don't mean anything. you got yahoo messenger - my name there is tjmierzwa35. add me to your friends list.
                              I have added you via yahoo messenger.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              =