EXPERTS PLEASE HELP! Trane unit won't stop blowing

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • paul52446m
    replied
    Originally posted by vxooxv
    wouldn't it be easier & cheaper to just replace the thermostat?
    I sure it would be cheaper to change it. The only reason i said to have a tech.
    check it out is i do not get into heat pumps and i just wanted you to be sure.
    But it does sound like thats your problem. Later Paul.

    Leave a comment:


  • vxooxv
    replied
    wouldn't it be easier & cheaper to just replace the thermostat?

    Leave a comment:


  • paul52446m
    replied
    Originally posted by vxooxv
    If I remove the cover it stops blowing.

    If I remove the green wire and put the cover back on it still doesn't blow.

    If I put the green wire and the cover back on, it continues to blow.

    Question: If the green wire is connected along with the cover while it's blowing. If I turn the setting to HEAT and the desire temp to something way up there like 80, shouldn't the outside unit come on? It's not..

    Wires from Left to Right are as follows:
    Red, Black, White, Yellow, Green, Orange, Blue

    All are secure and nothing is touching.

    So i'm wondering i'm getting continuous blowing and the heat pump (unit outside) isn't coming on. I have not tried Emergency Heat. Everything is electric, no gas.

    Thanks for all the help so far!
    Sounds like you have a problem in your stat. Might have to have a tech. look at it

    Leave a comment:


  • vxooxv
    replied
    If I remove the cover it stops blowing.

    If I remove the green wire and put the cover back on it still doesn't blow.

    If I put the green wire and the cover back on, it continues to blow.

    Question: If the green wire is connected along with the cover while it's blowing. If I turn the setting to HEAT and the desire temp to something way up there like 80, shouldn't the outside unit come on? It's not..

    Wires from Left to Right are as follows:
    Red, Black, White, Yellow, Green, Orange, Blue

    All are secure and nothing is touching.

    So i'm wondering i'm getting continuous blowing and the heat pump (unit outside) isn't coming on. I have not tried Emergency Heat. Everything is electric, no gas.

    Thanks for all the help so far!

    Leave a comment:


  • paul52446m
    replied
    Originally posted by vxooxv
    I have a trane thermostat TCONT401AN21MAA and the fan/blower won't stop. Since it got cold I thought the heat was running but started to notice that even when the unit was set to off it's still blowing.

    -Unit set to off results in blower blowing
    -Unit set to heat + Room temp 3+ degrees over results in blower blowing
    -Unit set to heat + Room temp 3+ degrees UNDER room temp, blower blows but unit outside doens't come on.

    If I remove it from the wall it obviously stops. I inspected all wires which are secure, all pins look in place. I don't think i did anything to it. All I can remember is possibly when I painted I removed the front panel to paint and put it back, but i'm not sure if the problem existed before that.

    Thanks for all your help in advance!!!
    I would guess that you don't have a plenum blower switch since they have not used them on most furnaces for the last 20 years. Take that stat off again
    and make sure that the red and green wires are not touching each other.
    Take the green wire off at the furnace and see if the blower stays off.
    If it does than the problem in in the stat or wiring going to the stat

    Leave a comment:


  • HayZee518
    replied
    the thermostat regulates the house temperature allowing the burner to burn for so many minutes. the plenum blower switch is what operates the blower. the plenum switch has to be adjusted higher than the thermostat fan switch - which basically tells the fan when to come on or shut off. any thermostat has a heat anticipator which is adjusted to the main gas valve milliamp settiing

    Leave a comment:


  • vxooxv
    started a topic EXPERTS PLEASE HELP! Trane unit won't stop blowing

    EXPERTS PLEASE HELP! Trane unit won't stop blowing

    I have a trane thermostat TCONT401AN21MAA and the fan/blower won't stop. Since it got cold I thought the heat was running but started to notice that even when the unit was set to off it's still blowing.

    -Unit set to off results in blower blowing
    -Unit set to heat + Room temp 3+ degrees over results in blower blowing
    -Unit set to heat + Room temp 3+ degrees UNDER room temp, blower blows but unit outside doens't come on.

    If I remove it from the wall it obviously stops. I inspected all wires which are secure, all pins look in place. I don't think i did anything to it. All I can remember is possibly when I painted I removed the front panel to paint and put it back, but i'm not sure if the problem existed before that.

    Thanks for all your help in advance!!!

Trending

Collapse

  • hawkins111
    Laser 730 over firing
    by hawkins111
    Has anyone had an occurrence of a Laser 730 or 731 over firing?
    The top of the heat chamber and the heat exchanger glow red on high when this occurs....
    11-12-2024, 10:29 AM
  • 911Restoration
    Fireplace Woes
    by 911Restoration
    Lit our fireplace for the first time this season last night and the whole living room filled with smoke, alarm went off. Chimney was cleaned last year...
    09-22-2026, 03:14 PM
Working...