Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 422 damper for exhaust extention

Good evening:

Can someone tell me the size of the extention damper vs the standard for the 422.

I will be puting about a 3 foot extension on the heater.

Thanks in advance

to be clear I need to know how much larger the hole is in the extention damper vs the standard.

Thanks

Comment

Monitor parts are standard. The hose extension will fit any monitor heater. The borehole for the main double walled inlet/exhaust is 2 1/4 inch diameter.

Comment

What I need to know is the size of the hole in the metal damper when using exhaust extension. Only talking about the damper.

Comment

NOTE: The "STANDARD" damper is to be used with
          extension kits up to a total overall length of 20
          inches and a maximum of 3 bends (90° elbow).
          The "EXTENSION" damper must be used when
          extension kit or kits exceed 20 inches.

Comment

yes I understand and that is why I would like to know how much larger the damper opening is in the extention damper for the 422. I currently only have standard for the 422 and standard for the 441 and extention dampers for the 441.

Someone is picking up a 36" extention and I wanted to be sure they had
            the correct sized damper for their heater.

Its all about the actual opening size of the 422 extention opening size vs the standard opening. If I have to I will drill out their damper but need
            to know how large the hole should be.

Thank you..
            Tom

Comment

the above information I got right off the installation guide for monitor. what the exact size I have no idea. drop a note to hawkins111 or dfitz

Comment

E damper

Msearcher,

I do not have a E damper to measure. The S damper is 24 MM and the E would be a little bigger. You should have gotten one with your Ext Kit. If you got the kit from a dealer I would go back and ask for the E damper. When I go to our dealer today I will measure one.

Rules for an extension kit are no downward, no unheated spaces and be sure to use the insulation on the exhaust side.

Stay warm,

Tom

Comment

422 damper

on a 422 ? if you have over 20 inch of exhaust extension then just take the standard damper out . You said you were adding 3 feet ? you can verify this by reading the 422 owners manual if you need a copy i can send you one.
                  you may want to check differential pressure setting also

Comment

so just run without a air damper in the 422 if using an extention over 20"

Thank you
                    Tom

Comment

your welcome

Comment

Msearcher, if you leave an e-mail address ill send a copy of the 422 install/owners manual if you would like one.
                        regards

Comment

I know I am digging into the archive but this does refer to my problem if you are still willing to help. My problem is that I am not using an extension and my Standard damper has corroded. the one I have found (and bought) is the E Part 6407 for my M41. The whole is about 1/4 inch bigger on the E. Can I use it

Comment

Get the right part. If you are not using an extension, don't use an extension damper. There are several parts suppliers mentioned on this forum that can get you the Standard Damper.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            =