Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burn mat material question

I have purchases McMaster Carr silica fabric sheeting 8799k3 but find it hard to work with on the 40/41/441/2400 burn pots. The weave pulls apart very easy and breaks when trying to get under the fuel inlet.

i have been using their fiberglass material but would like to standardize on one material.

what are others doing, is it possible that I have bad material? Even where it cut the weave wants to unravel.

This is a forum and not a source for new business, I take offense at your replying to everyone's questions as sales leads!

Comment

We all thank you for your help on the business that was replying to every question

Comment

I do hope I will get some feedback about McMaster Carr silica [COLOR=#1B8EDE !important]fabric[/COLOR] sheeting 8799k3 but [COLOR=#1B8EDE !important]find[/COLOR] it hard to work with on the 40/41/441/2400 burn pots. The weave pulls apart very easy and breaks when trying to get under the fuel inlet.

did I get a bad batch or is all of this very weave very easy to break?

hope to hear back from people that have worked with silica frantic sheeting

Comment

I have used this material and it is fragile and does come apart easily, just cut it with sharp scissors and handle carefully, thats about it. but my units are 21, and 422, and they were easy to do after a good bead blasting.

Comment

Originally posted by akaothermick View Post
            I have used this material and it is fragile and does come apart easily, just cut it with sharp scissors and handle carefully, thats about it. but my units are 21, and 422, and they were easy to do after a good bead blasting.
            Thanks, I have used it in 422 without a problem as well.

Comment

I also use it in my 422. It will unravel if not handled carefully. I used this material when I rebuilt the burn chamber in 2012 and haven't had any problems with it. Take a look at 8838K2, maybe this would be a better alternative for your needs?????
              Last edited by FordMan59; 03-02-2015, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Be very careful about using too thick a material for your mat. Some of the thicker stuff will curl up when heated. If that happens, you have to start all over again after a good clean up. The M422 needs a thinner mat than the M441. I still use the mat material from Toyotomi for the M422. Buying the Toyotomi mat also gets you the glue for the same price. Tom

Comment

Working...
                X
                =