Hello all,
Sorry I haven’t replied sooner.
The 731 pretty much runs great but I can’t stand the noise. I made a bunch of calls and inquiries last season, and the consensus is they are noisy. I spoke to a few dealers up in Maine recently, and they said the newer Toyo’s are noisy and people are complaining.
If the unit is on high for a few minutes, it does have a slight glow between the burn chamber and the heat exchanger connection. I asked about that as well and the response I received was it is normal. I was told to refer to the manual. I read it already and know it says a slight glow is normal. Even rural enterprise sent out a bulletin saying a slight glow can or might be abnormal so this being my first Toyotomi I don’t have any other experience. I brought it up to my installer, he said both of his do the same when on high.
As far as the noise, it’s different at times, and i started to run it in power saver so it almost never cycles off.
The replacement heat exchanger is not as bad as the original but it still is annoying.
One thing I’d like to add, is the welds are horrible on the heat exchangers. The replacement looks like someone gave a kid who wanted to play with a welding machine made the welds. It only had two snotty tacks, I belion the outlet side. Does it have anything to do with the noise? I think so being in a mechanical field myself.
Anyone else have any new experience or issues?
I’ll keep an eye on the forum.
Thanks, Nick
Sorry I haven’t replied sooner.
The 731 pretty much runs great but I can’t stand the noise. I made a bunch of calls and inquiries last season, and the consensus is they are noisy. I spoke to a few dealers up in Maine recently, and they said the newer Toyo’s are noisy and people are complaining.
If the unit is on high for a few minutes, it does have a slight glow between the burn chamber and the heat exchanger connection. I asked about that as well and the response I received was it is normal. I was told to refer to the manual. I read it already and know it says a slight glow is normal. Even rural enterprise sent out a bulletin saying a slight glow can or might be abnormal so this being my first Toyotomi I don’t have any other experience. I brought it up to my installer, he said both of his do the same when on high.
As far as the noise, it’s different at times, and i started to run it in power saver so it almost never cycles off.
The replacement heat exchanger is not as bad as the original but it still is annoying.
One thing I’d like to add, is the welds are horrible on the heat exchangers. The replacement looks like someone gave a kid who wanted to play with a welding machine made the welds. It only had two snotty tacks, I belion the outlet side. Does it have anything to do with the noise? I think so being in a mechanical field myself.
Anyone else have any new experience or issues?
I’ll keep an eye on the forum.
Thanks, Nick

Comment