Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bryand View Post
    Send me your address. I have one that I took one out of the other day due to me loosing one. I brazed the one back in that I replaced. Don't take a whole lot to hold it in. It will take a few days to get there from N.C.
    Bryant , PM sent

Comment

• Fordman59 , thanks for the lead , that's where I bought one .

Comment

• burner pot pins

those are nickel/silver.

Comment

• Man i guess that guy was high on prices. i have the same list prices as the ebay guy and the burner cloth is 20 something. pays to shop around i guess

Comment

• Well I finally got the new burner pad in , new burner ring , new combustion fan bearings and a thorough cleaning . Tried starting it up and the same thing . Goes through it's cycles , bottom of burner gets hot ( don't see flame ) fuel line is pulsing then stops , lights start flashing . Double check everything , flame rod , fuel line plugs and wires . Unplug heater and try again and same thing .
            Third time I used the jumper for the flame rod and everything works as it should . Disconnect the jumper and plug the flame rod wires back in and everything works . Run it on and off 3 or 4 times and all is good . Any ideas why it needed a jump start ?

Comment

• did you verify that you were actually pumping fuel ?

Comment

• If it wasn't getting fuel there would be no flame now , which it does . Has been running properly all last night and today . Only used the jumper wire the one time then took it off .

Comment

• pictures of your exhaust

Please send us a picture of your exhaust, both inside and out.

Thanks,

Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by ticki2 View Post
                    Well I finally got the new burner pad in , new burner ring , new combustion fan bearings and a thorough cleaning . Tried starting it up and the same thing . Goes through it's cycles , bottom of burner gets hot ( don't see flame ) fuel line is pulsing then stops , lights start flashing . Double check everything , flame rod , fuel line plugs and wires . Unplug heater and try again and same thing .
                    Third time I used the jumper for the flame rod and everything works as it should . Disconnect the jumper and plug the flame rod wires back in and everything works . Run it on and off 3 or 4 times and all is good . Any ideas why it needed a jump start ?
                    i was referring to the above

Comment

• Not sure what the pictures will show you , it's all hooked up and running great since last night . There are no obstructions on the outside . The flame is nice and blue . I'm happy , it's going to be in minus numbers all next week . Was just curious why it needed that one time bypass of the flame detector , almost like a reset .

Comment

• i think folks are just trying to help but sounds like you have it running.

Comment

• Originally posted by dfitz3390 View Post
                          i think folks are just trying to help but sounds like you have it running.
                          And I truly appreciate all the help that has been offered , I would still be floundering without it , not to mention a bit chilly .

Comment

• flame rod connections

could be when you disconnected the flame rod connections there was a bit of corrosion on them. when you replaced the wires, you removed THAT corrosion.

Comment

• Too Much Flame?

Great reference site...I did try to locate a post discussing high flame inside the pot....couldn't locate one. Have a 441 in my garage and noticed that I can now see bright flames through the inspection window. It shut down once today...and lights began blinking. Turned it off/on and let the fan run and it starts back up apparently after it cools down...

I suspect the fame may be too high...any ideas?

Thanks

Ed

Comment

• champlain ny

I see you're in champlain. that's down the road from me. a high flame means combustion fan problems. there is insufficient air to complete combustion. eventually you are going to soot up your window.
                                check out the fan. listen to it. see if it sounds like a jet engine winding out. this would indicate bearings.
                                Ideally you should have blue - turquoise flame tips, not yellow flame.
                                check for a blockage of air in that double walled intake/exhaust pipe.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                =